The Wichita Tax Commission was established on January 28, 1993, by Resolution WT-93-17 enacting Chapter One of the Wichita General Revenue and Taxation Act of 1993. The Wichita Tax Commission was created to provide for the administration and enforcement of the Taxation Laws of the Wichita and Affiliated Tribes.
TAX COMMISSION/ TAG OFFICE IS LOCATED IN THE MULTI-PURPOSE BUILDING
TO REGISTER A VEHICLE
1. Tribal member must be present to register the vehicle the first time.
2. The Title or Certificate of Origin must have the tribal
member's name on it; The signature of the seller
must be notarized. If the Title is not notarized, the vehicle will not be registered.
3. Surrender a copy of current Oklahoma Vehicle Insurance and Oklahoma Driver's License
4. Surrender a copy of CDIB
5. Surrender a BIll of Sale, Lien/Lien Releases
Vehicle must be registered within 30 days of the Notary Date. On the 31st day, a penalty of twenty-five cents per day will accrue.
TO RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION THE FOLLOWING MUST BE SUBMITTED:
1. Previous year's registration or tag number
2. Current Oklahoma Vehicle Insurance
3. Oklahoma Drivers License and CDIB
4. If Tribal Member is unable to renew tag, a PROXY FORM must be completed before renewal
There is a 30 day grace period after the expiration month. On the 31st day of the grace period a penalty of twenty five cents per day will accrue until the vehicle is renewed. Penalty shall continue to accrue until the penalty equals twice the amount of the annual registration fee.
Gary McAdams, Chairman
Sandra Wilson, Secretary
Roger Bruce Birch, Member
Katherine Cunningham, Member
Verna Wetselline, Tax Administrator
Bernadine Boyiddle, Tag Agent/ Administrative Assistant
Pamela Pogue, Bookkeeper
WICHITA TRIBAL SMOKE SHOP
(NEXT TO SUGAR CREEK CASINO)
MANAGER: Leah Kaulaity
HOURS OF OPERATIONS: 7 AM-7 PM
P.O. Box 547
Phone: (405) 247-8668
Tag Office: (405) 247-8643
Hours of Operation: 8:30 am -12:00 pm, (CLOSED FOR LUNCH) 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm M-F