The CHR/EMS Program enhances and promotes the Wichita & Affiliated Tribes Health Program with support of the Indian Health Service's goal by providing quality outreach health care services and health promotion/disease prevention services to our Native People within our service area. Our major goal is to be an advocate for our Native people.
Phone: (405) 247-2425 ext. 158 for the receptionist
Fax: (405) 247-247-7511
- Health Education - Planning, preparing and/or providing education on health and wellness.
- Case management - We offer direct client care by monitoring their health care, from assisting with completions of applications, home health services; to coordinating needed services, i.e. physical therapy, rehabilitative services, etc.
- Patient Care - Home visits to insure the quality of care within the home; hospital and office visits; assist with medications -- refills/deliver; transports -- appointments and urgent care.
- Referrals - Assist clients with referrals to/from other CHR programs, Public Health Nursing, Substance Abuse/Mental Health, Environmental services, or other health care facilities.
- Injury Prevention/Emergency Medical Services. Provide quality of care to our young and elderly by providing/issuing information of car seat restraints, fire safety, and smoke alarms, CO2 detectors and fire extinguishers. Provide immunizations for our Indian pets to prevent Rabies; and continue to support and coordinate services with the Native Americans for Injury Prevention Coalition (NAIP).
Any Native American registered within a federally recognized tribe, living within our service area. Request for transports are from those without any means of transportation within their household. We request at least a three day advance notice for transportation to a health care facility. When you receive your appointment, it's best to call us so we can schedule as early as possible. We do not transport those that are inebriate for the safety of all involved.
Operations and Maintenance:
Ceiling dollar amount for assistance is $500.00/tribal head of household request/fiscal year.
- Septic Tank Cleaning - Once every 2 to 3 years, depending on usage, i.e. large family, family gatherings, etc. Rid X should be used regularly to help with the movement of solids within the septic system. An available service will be utilized @ $200. to 275.00/cleaning depending on the process.
- Basic Plumbing - Basic repairs within the house or outside faucet directly from the house. Does not include lines running to house, purchases of large items, ie. Hot water heaters, bath tubs, etc. Service used will depend on location and service availability.
Requirements and Process of O&M request:
- Must reside within the 10-County service area inclusive of: Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Grady, Harmon, Jackson, Jefferson, Stephens, Tillman, and Kiowa.
- Complete application for assistance at the Health Programs Office.
- Home must be owned or in the process of purchase.
- Must show proof of home ownership for validation.
- Request for vendor service is made.
- Payment request will be submitted to Finance upon receipt of vendor's invoice.
- Copy of Wichita Tribal enrollment (CDIB).
Tribal Funded Program for Diabetics and Elders:
Dentures, partials, hearing aids, shoes, and nutritional supplement request.
- Dentures & Partials - assistance up to $900.00 can be provided toward the purchase of dentures or $400.00 towards partials. This is a one-time only assistance. This assistance can be also utilized as a one-time only assistance for repairs to dentures or partials.
- Hearing Aids: assistance up to $400.00 can be provided toward the purchase of one (1) hearing aid. This is a one-time only assistance and includes any adjustments that might be needed.
- Podiatry - walking shoes or therapeutic shoes. Upon completion of an annual exam by a Podiatrist or qualifying health care provider and if the Podiatrist prescribes therapeutic shoes, the shoes will be purchased. If a good walking shoe is prescribed, a pair will be purchased, not to exceed $75.00. The client must furnish a written prescription for therapeutic shoes or recommendation for a good walking shoe.
- Nutritional supplements: recommendations for nutritional supplements will be made by a Nutritionist.
Requirements and process of Tribal Funded Programs request:
- Completed application. The back side of the application needs to be completed by Health care provider. Request for application, if not linked, please call the Health office with fax number or address to have forward to you.
- Written prescriptions by Health Care Provider.
- Copy of Wichita Tribal enrollment (CDIB).
- If reimbursement, please include receipt from vendor. We cannot process generic receipts.
Eyeglass and Special Medications
Eyeglasses and Medication/Medical Supply Assistance:
Eyeglass assistance is offered One (1) time every other fiscal year for non diabetics at a maximum range:
- $100.00 for single vision
- $125.00 for Bifocals
- $150.00 for Trifocals.
Diabetic assistance is yearly after your dilated eye exam at a maximum of $200.00.
Medication/Medical Supply assistance is not to exceed $100.00 per fiscal year.
Eligibility Requirements and Procedures: Application
- Must complete and sign an application for assistance from the Health Programs
- Copy ofWichitaEnrollment Card. (CDIB)
- Must have prescription of medication or medical supply needed
- Must have prescription/invoice for eyeglasses.
- Diabetics must have documentation of proof of Diagnosis
- If reimbursement, please include original receipt from vendor. We cannot process generic receipts.
Fran Harrison, CHR/EMS Director
Melvenia Domebo, CHR Generalist/First Responder
Shayla Wauahdooah, CHR Generalist
Sanah Scott, Health Programs Assistant
Janny Williams, Receptionist
Cassandra McAdams, Patient Transporter