Education Services


Here are links to 2020 Applications for Grade Incentive Award, High School Graduate MFTR, Graduation Stole and Kitikiti'sh Scholarship







 2019 Graduate Slide Show   




Higher Education (No service area requirement): 

The Higher Education program is to assist Wichita tribal members with funding for tuition, fees, books, room & board while attending college.  Students must be working toward an Associate or Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university.  Assistance is available for part-time (6 hrs.) and full-time (12 hrs. or more) enrollment.  Students are required to maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or better on enrolled hours.  Pell grant eligible students will be awarded first; Non-Pell grant eligible may be awarded as long as funds are available.  Submit the application with all required documentation listed in paperwork.  All college students must reapply every year with our office.

July 1 - Fall and Spring semesters
Nov. 1 - Spring semester
April 1 - Summer semester (college seniors are priority)

Job Placement and Training (Service area requirement):

The Job Placement and Training program is to assist students with a bi-weekly stipend for attending a Vocational/Technical Center.  The stipend is for mileage and meals, based on attendance.  Students are required to enroll in a 1 or 2 year course, and have a H.S. diploma or GED certificate.   Students are required to apply for Federal Assistance Student Financial Aid (Pell grant).  If you are not Pell grant eligible, you may receive tuition/fee/books grant in lieu of the stipend assistance.  Submit the application with the required documentation listed on paperwork.  All vo-tech students must reapply every year with our office. 

Direct Employment Assistance (Service area requirement): 

The Direct Employment Assistance program is to assist tribal members with a one-time stipend for obtaining full-time employment.  Tribal members must be unemployed for at least six weeks and have H.S. diploma or GED certificate.  Requirements are to submit the application and required documentation before receiving your first paycheck. 

Adult Education (Service area Requirement):

The Adult Education program is to assist with short term training course needed for employment; to gain an employable skill or enhance current job skills.  The program will assist with tuition/book/fees for short term course (6-9 months in length).  The Adult Education program will also assist with GED enrollment fee, GED test fee, and re-test fee.  

Johnson O'Malley (GracemontPublic School, Gracemont,OK):

The JOM program is for students enrolled inGracemontPublic Schoolonly.  Students in Pre-K through 12th grade receive assistance in the following areas:  school supplies, athletic shoes, senior cap & gown, ACT test fees, tutoring assistance, and incentive program.  Students must be enrolled with a federally recognized tribe or be at least 1/4 degree of Indian Blood.  Official documentation must be submitted to our office.  

Graduation Incentives--Motor Fuels Tax Revenue:

The Motor Fuels Tax Revenue program is additional funding for our college and vocational students.  The MFTR program also funds college graduate students (part-time or full-time enrollment) and offers an incentive for current high school graduates, GED recipients, and college graduates. Funding is based on fiscal year approval. Go to the "Graduation Incentives" page for more details. 

Tribal Funded Assistance/Incentive (No service area requirement):

[As of April 24, 2019: The Education Services office will no longer accept 2018-2019 senior applications for announcements, rings, pictures, etc.]

This program is to assist tribal members with high school senior cap and gown fee and ACT test fee.  Student must apply with their local high school JOM program before seeking assistance through the tribe. 

The Grade Incentive Award is available to enrolled Wichita youth in the 6th-12th grades.  The 6th-8th grade students must earn 2.0-4.0 GPA and 9th-12th grade students must earn 2.5-4.0 GPA to qualify.  Incentive awards are given once at the end of the academic year.  Funding is based on fiscal year approval.

Service areas: Caddo, Kiowa, Cotton, Tillman, and Greer counties and the city of Lawton.  Please call or email our office for an application or if you have any questions regarding the programs. 



Misty Boettger

Education Services Administrator


Yolanda Walker

Higher Education Director


Telephone (405) 247-8612
Fax (405) 247-5687


Education Features from Wichita Tribal News: