Summer Youth Program NOW ENROLLING
More information on the program and forms for enrollment can be found attached below
The Wichita & Affiliated Tribes Juvenile Services Program (JSP) was developed specifically for Wichita enrolled youth 12 up to age 18 who may be deemed at or near risk for juvenile delinquency. The ultimate goal of the program is to assist families and their children in becoming self-sufficient and productive community members by enabling them to stand on their own abilities and resources.
Goals & Services of the JSP program
- To promote the at-risk youth's well being within his/her own family and community, reduce the number of referrals to the juvenile justice system and reduce truancy rates.
- To educate youth on topics ranging from AIDS/HIV to basic independent living skills development.
- To provide advocacy representation for court involved youth. Please note that JSP does NOT pay court costs or fees.
- To establish community awareness projects geared toward tribal youth and families with topics ranging from substance abuse education to gang awareness; these events may be held in conjunction with other agencies/organizations.
- To offer counseling referrals for youth with emotional, behavioral or substance abuse issues.
- To promote family self-sufficiency and ability to rely on own strengths and resources; and to assist those families financially in the promotion of the health and welfare of youth as necessary.
- To provide behavioral rehab, life skills and social skills redevelopment to Wichita youth.
- To provide academic and behavioral incentives to program clients as positive reinforcements.
Yvonne Goetsch, M.A., Juvenile Services Director, 405-247-8625