Upcoming Events
Wichita Language
More Wichita Words
January 2023
Previous MonthNext Month

Welcome to the Official Site of the Wichita And Affiliated Tribes


Commissioner Vacancy-Wichita Tribe Industrial Development Commission

The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes is seeking three (3) interested individuals to serve as Commissioners for the Wichita Tribe Industrial Development Commission. The individuals will be appointed to terms that end September 30, 2024, September 30, 2025 or September 30, 2027.  Please send a letter of interest and resume documenting education and/or experience related to the position. The applicants may be tribal or non-tribal.  The letter and resume must be sent to The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes, Attn:  Myles Stephenson Jr., Secretary, P.O. Box 729, Anadarko, OK  73005, by fax at (405) 247-2430 or by email at myles.stephenson@wichitatribe.com by Friday, January 27, 2023. 


Commissioner Vacancy-Wichita Gaming Commission

The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes is seeking an interested individual to serve as a Commissioner for the Wichita Gaming Commission. The individual will be appointed to an unexpired term that ends May 31, 2023 and will be reappointed to a 4 year term ending May 31, 2027.  Please send a letter of interest and resume documenting education and/or experience related to the position. The letter and resume must be sent to The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes, Attn:  Myles Stephenson Jr., Secretary, P.O. Box 729, Anadarko, OK  73005, by fax at (405) 247-2430 or by email at myles.stephenson@wichitatribe.com by Friday, January 27, 2023. 


Wichita and Affiliated Tribes

American Rescue Plan (ARPA Department) 

Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) Program





Wichita and Affiliated Tribes

ARPA Response Household  Assistance Program ApplicationGuidelines


A.R.P.A Response Household Assistance Program is available for any adult Wichita and Affiliated Tribes enrolled tribal member and will be administered under the ARPA Department. The services provided under this program at this time are utility bill relief, rental payment, mortgage payment, temporary housing assistance, direct client services, and incarcerated assistance. All applicants must submit a completed application with all of the required documents listed on application checklist.  Applicants are required to submit a statement of explanation as to the circumstances to document a need for assistance. Other documentation may be required to verify eligibility or to verify there has been a negative economic impact endured by the household. Services are for One (1) time assistance per fiscal year October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.


You may apply for assistance under one of the following:

 2023 RHAP Application


1.  Utility Assistance (Bill or Deposit)

Assistance for utilities includes a maximum up to $500. The payment will be made directly to the vendor. A copy of the bill must be in the tribal members name and the bill must be provided with the application.

2.  Rent Assistance (Bill or Deposit)

Assistance for rent includes a maximum up to $500. The payment will be paid directly to the landlord or housing office. Must have a lease agreement in place for current residence and provide a copy with the application. In the case of a request for Deposit Assistance then a rental agreement or letter showing the amount of the deposit must be provided.

3.  Mortgage Payment

**MUST APPLY WITH THE HOMEOWNERS ASSISTANCE FUND (HAF) PROGRAM PRIOR TO RECEIVING THIS ASSISTANCE**Assistance for mortgage includes a maximum up to $500. The payment will be paid directly to the mortgage company. Must provide house payment agreement or letter from mortgage lender.

4.  Incarceration Assistance

Once per fiscal year assistance, not to exceed $100.00 to tribal members who are impacted while being imprisoned or incarcerated and are seeking adequate care assistance. Prison crowding and lack of sanitation measures contribute to the risk of contracting the virus. This assistance does not apply to those tribal members who are currently housed in municipal or county jail.

5.  Natural Disaster Relief

Assistance for disaster relief is set aside for Tribal Members that are directly affected by a natural disaster.  Each request will be assessed case by case and capped off at $500.  Anything needed that exceeds $500 has to be approved by the Wichita Executive Committee.  (Types of assistance can vary whether it be groceries, clothing, basic necessities, hotel, relocation expenses, etc.)  Proper paperwork must be in place to receive assistance and receipts are required for any purchases made with this assistance. 

6.  Elder Appliance Repair

To assist tribal members with repairs of a household appliance that is not functioning properly. assistance up to $150.00 for repairs. If appliance is unfixable and needs replaced, the program will assist with the purchase of a replacement appliance.

7. COVID-19 Direct Impact Assistance

For Tribal Members who have been directly impacted due to COVID-19. Approval is needed from the Wichita Executive Committee under this assistance and amount will be determined case-by-case.

8. Referrals-Internal Resources   **Pre-eligibility is determined by total household income for referrals**

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP)

Community Service Block Grant(CSBG)

Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program(LIHWAP)







Wichita and Affiliated Tribes- General Assistance (OKLAHOMA RESIDENTS)


The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes General Assistance program is ongoing until depleted to Wichita tribal members who are not currently employed or unemployed due to COVID. The amount approved will be determined by household size. Those seeking to apply for General Assistance may do so by completing the application and providing the following required information:

  • CDIB-Certificate of Indian Blood
  • Proof of Residency
  • Proof of income and resources
  • No land letter from BIA  
  • Applicant cannot be receiving or eligible for County/State Public Welfare or Social Security Income.
  • Must reside in the Designated Jurisdictions: Caddo, Kiowa, Comanche, Tillman, Cotton NO EXCEPTIONS

Applications may be accessed online at the tribe's website (www.wichitatribe.com) the program can fax, email, and mail any request for applications. Please give us a call at 405-247-2425 Ext.353 for any questions that you may have or Email- alicia.wheeler@wichitatribe.com.  





Quiz Bowl

On Thursday, September 15,  the after school program had a quiz bowl over the words and phrases they have learned so far this school year. The youth practice Wichita language daily thanks to the language app that was developed with the help of the late Doris McLemore. Prizes for the winners included backpacks donated by Dane Evans who is a Wichita Tribal member, and also one of Doris' grandchildren. Dane is a former quarterback for the University of Tulsa, and is currently playing for the Canadian Football League's Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Pictured are standing, left to right- Shaylene Courtney, Cailea Williams, Ombria Williams, Skylah Williams. Sitting left to right- Lily Williams, Ethan Puerta, Sasha Torres, Brandon Torres.


Quiz bowl 2022 








        Congratulations to the 2022-2023 Wichita Tribal Princess, Isabella Fridia


2021 princess  



Latest Updates on COVID-19 from the Wichita and Affiliated Tribes:

The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes' Tribal Offices are currently open to assist Tribal members with their needs. Please practice social distancing.

Tag Office require that you make an appointment before coming in.
Walk-ins are not guaranteed but can still be served if an appointment is available.

Please call the main number for more information 405-247-2425 or one of the numbers below.


We are currently available at the following numbers:

Maintenance/Elder Lawn Program 405-247-2425 Ext. 114

Education 405-247-2425 Ext. 171

EPA 405-247-2425 Ext. 141

Tribal Funded Social Services/LIHEAP 405-247-2425 Ext. 120

Indian Child Welfare 405-247-2425 Ext. 127

VOCA/Victims Advocate 405-247-2425 Ext. 130

Caregiver Program/AOA 405-247-2425 Ext. 115

Health Programs 405-247-2425 Ext. 157

Food Distribution 405-247-2425 Ext. 117

TOR/Substance Abuse 405-247-2425 Ext. 352

RISE Prevention 405-247-8824 Ext. 404

Native Connections 405-247-8817 Ext. 405

CCDF/Child Care Assistance 405-648-7095 Ext. 332

Communications 405-247-2425 Ext. 165