About the Program
Food assistance and nutrition education are available at the Wichita and Affiliated Tribes’ Food Distribution building Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Food Distribution Program (FDP)
- Must reside within Wichita and Affiliated Tribes’ boundaries
- Must meet income guidelines (gross monthly)
- Cannot receive SNAP benefits or have a SNAP application pending
- CDIB from a federally recognized tribe
- Proof of address (One most current utility bills with address)
- Social Security card for all household members
- Pay for Previous 30 days (for each working household member)
- Unemployment Verification for any household member over the age of 18 not working
- Income Verification for ALL other sources such as Social Security, SSI, etc.
- Grant award letters
Upcoming FDP Events
Home deliveries are provided for homebound participants, individuals with no means of transportation, and the elderly and/or handicapped. Participants in need of home deliveries are asked to notify the FDP staff by calling the office at 405-247-9677 to schedule home delivery.
The Community Garden along with the Food Distribution Program focuses on the MyPlate and Low Sodium concept of making your plate half fruits and vegetables and using less sodium in your diet. For more information, please contact FDP staff at 405-247-9677.
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
Applicants must be at least 60 years of age or older and provide the following:
- Complete a certified application
- Provide date of birth
- Provide household income (self-declared)
- Sign and date application
- Provide name of proxy if you would like for someone to pick up your food package for you