Response Household Assistance Program (RHAP)

About the Program

ARPA Response Household Assistance Program is available to adult Wichita and Affiliated Tribes enrolled tribal members and is administered under the ARPA Department. The services provided under this program at this time are:

  • Utility or Deposit Bill Relief
  • Incarceration Assistance
  • Rent/Deposit Assistance
  • Natural Disaster Relief
  • Mortgage Payment
  • Direct Client Support

All applicants must submit a completed application with all of the required documents listed on the application checklist. Applicants are required to submit a statement of explanation as to the circumstances to document the need for assistance. Other documentation may be required to verify eligibility or to verify there has been a negative economic impact endured by the household. Services are for one (1) time assistance up to $500 per fiscal year October 1, 2023 through September 30, 2024.

Application Checklist

Applicant checklist for program eligibility:

1. Applicant must be a Wichita and Affiliated Tribes enrolled Tribal Member and 18 years of age or older
2. Your application must be filled out completely; an incomplete application could cause a delay in the process of your assistance request or jeopardize your eligibility.
3. Include CDIB copies for any and all tribal household members.
4. Include State ID or birth certificate for non-tribal household members (18 years or older)
5. Social Security Card copies for applicant and all household members 18 and older
6. Hardship Experienced.

The supporting documentation required will vary depending on why you are requesting assistance:
1. Income Verification documentation will only need to be provided when your reason for requesting assistance is income loss or a financial hardship has occurred
2. For Utility Assistance, a copy of a recent bill is required. If the account is NOT in applicant’s name, please request a Residence Verification form.
3. For Rental/Mortgage Assistance, include your Lease, and please have your landlord fill out the W-9 and Landlord Information Form. If utility or lease is NOT in applicant’s name, please request a Residence Verification form.