Social Services

General Assistance (Oklahoma Residents)

About the Program

The primary goal of the program is to assist clients to maintain self-sufficiency. If you are 18 years of age and you have little to no income, you can apply for this program. GA is not a primary or continuous source of income. Applicants will need to provide CDIB, SSN, IIM account information, household income, register for employment, TANF if children are listed on application, SSI Disability information and physical exam form if applicable, and proof of residence. A home visit will be conducted to verify residence. Staff will assist client in completing and Individual Self-sufficiency Plan (ISP).

Eligibility Requirements

The Wichita and Affiliated Tribes General Assistance program is ongoing until depleted to Wichita tribal members who are not currently employed or unemployed due to COVID. The amount approved will be determined by household size.

Those seeking to apply for General Assistance may do so by completing the application and providing the following required information:

  • CDIB (Certificate of Indian Blood)
  • Proof of Residency
  • Proof of income and resources
  • No land letter from BIA
  • Applicant cannot be receiving or eligible for County/State Public Welfare or Social Security Income.
  • Must reside in the Designated Jurisdictions: Caddo, Kiowa, Comanche, Tillman, and Cotton County.

Applications for General Assistance can be requested from the program by emailing the caseworker or by phone at 405-247-2425 ext. 120 and speaking with the receptionist. The Social Services Program can email, fax, or mail the General Assistance applications by request only.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 405-247-2425, ext. 353 or email us.

Adult Protective Services

Adult Protective Services (APS) provides protection and assistance to tribal adults who are victims of an alleged incident of abuse, neglect, exploitation, or who need a Supervised IIM Account. The APS worker is required to investigate and complete an assessment on all reports made to the SSP program. All reports are kept confidential. If the investigations substantiates the above allegations or the tribal adult is unable to make decisions concerning their health and welfare, then APS worker will seek out a family member to become their guardian. The tribe can also be appointed a guardian until one can be appointed by the court.

Supervised IIM Accounts

The SSP staff works with families or guardians of tribal adults and minors who have trust monies held in Supervised IIM Accounts which are overseen by the BIA. The SSP staff is required to conduct and Annual Assessment to establish a case plan and distribution plan in order for that individual to access their monies. Home visits and site visits are conducted annually or as needed to ensure that the account holder’s needs are being met.


The SSP staff is responsible for monitoring all guardianship cases filed on behalf of the tribal minors through the CFR Court of Indian Offenses at the BIA. Staff is required to conduct home visits and background checks on all adults involved in the case to determine the welfare of the child placed in the home will be safe and well taken care of . Staff is required to submit a report to the CFR Court at each court hearing.

Contact Us

Accepted file types: pdf, Max. file size: 4 MB.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Acting Social Services Director
Sheena Ngu
405-247-2425 ext. 123

Social Services Caseworker
Nadine Lamotte
405-247-2425 ext. 353